Certified Medical Assistant-NYPresbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Certified Medical Assistant-Medical-Surgical Technicians Make It Possible
Yorktown Heights location
Must be flexibile variable shifts
7:30am-3:30pm/ 9:00am-5:00pm / 9:30am-5:30pm
2 Saturdays per month.
Demonstrate excellence when expertise and superior service makes all the difference.
Take initiative and balance the perfect blend of patient care and clinical practices. Bring the best in care and caring, all while providing quality phlebotomy, EKG, and vital signs monitoring. Improve the patient experience and maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment in our endocrinology practice
Assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a courteous manner. Identifies self to the patient and explains the procedures to be performed, clearly and concisely. Maintains ongoing awareness of patient needs when performing procedures which require physical contact, i.e., gentle positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth, and modesty, and reassure patient during procedure. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly. Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary, keeping patients and other informed as needed.
- Observes patients conditions, reports abnormal conditions to staff nurse and records appropriate documentation in patient’s records. Measures and records patient height and weight, performs routine vision and hearing examinations, and takes pulse and blood pressure readings. Draws blood from patients and/or performs finger sticks and obtains other specimens as requested by physician or registered nurse.
- Assists with diagnostic procedures using aseptic principles in creating and maintaining a sterile field during procedures. Uses technical skills regarding positioning, wound care, and dressings.
- Prepares, collects and arranges for disposition of specimens
- Maintains stock items for examination and blood drawing rooms, forms used by clinical staff, etc. Notifies appropriate others to order depleted stock. Maintains a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for patient care; assists in the cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment used in patient care and utility room; reports equipment requiring repairs to appropriate others.
- May answer telephones and issue appointments as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED
Graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant program.
Experience in an outpatient setting or experience with family practice
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.