Supervisor Psychosocial Rehabilitation
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Renowned Rehabilitative Care:
Rehabilitation Specialists Make It Possible
Supervisor Psychosocial Rehabilitation - Psychiatry - Westchester - Days
As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian is dedicated to the highest level of rehabilitation care. Among our many world-class services is acute inpatient rehabilitation, which helps patients achieve functional independence so they can effectively integrate with the community. This requires the support of professionals from many different healthcare disciplines and specialties, including recreation therapy. Find out how you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
We are seeking a creative Rehabilitation Specialist/Therapist to provide functional assessments and therapeutic activity programming to meet individual needs and treatment goals for patients on a Psychiatric Nursing Unit. Lead patient groups and activities. Work within a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to enhancing inpatient activity and programs throughout our hospital. Provide supervisor to 6 members of the psychosocial rehabiliation team. Give back to the profession and mentor interns throughout the year.
This position will work a Tuesday - Saturday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm schedule, with some weekend coverage as needed.
- Experience in providing therapy in groups and individual settings
- License in Mental Health Counseling (LMHC), Creative Arts Therapy (LCAT) or Occupational Therapy (OTRL) from New York State Department of Education or Certification in Therapeutic Recreation by National Council for Therapeutic Recreation (CTRC)
- 4 years of experience post-Masters degree in a psychosocial setting with evidence of incremental administrative, clinical, supervisory and training responsibilities
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis, principles and practices of 12 step programs, and the application ofpsychosocial rehabilitation for that population
- Master Degree
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.