Supervisor Food and Nutrition
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Supervisor - Food & Nutrition - Full time - Westchester Division
Feel the Pride of Food Service at Its Best
Step into New York’s #3-ranked hospital for Psychiatry (U.S. News & World Report) where food and nutrition professionals bring pride and passion to exceeding expectations. Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division, you’ll help maximize service quality within a compassionate culture of hospitality, committed to the comfort and well-being of the people we serve. It’s the kind of work that builds on our reputation for excellence while strengthening communities every day. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Take on this role as a Supervisor of Food and Nutrition and be responsible for all aspects of department operations with a focus on patient food services and purchasing. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Food & Nutrition Supervisor is responsible for meal service delivery to patient care units, ensuring we continue to meet high levels of service excellence, creating an outstanding patient experience. This position is also responsible for purchasing food, supplies, and inventory control. The Food & Nutrition Supervisor will regularly assess food service operations, ensuring practices are in line with hospital policies and health codes and identify opportunities for improvement.
This is a full time, Monday through Friday 6:00 am-2:00 pm and every other weekend Saturday and Sunday, 5:00 am -1:00 pm position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Food Service Leadership experience in both healthcare and hospitality settings
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a food service environment
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to direct work, develop talent and drive engagement
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.