Staff Nurse - RN - Psychiatry - Per Diem
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Transform you career as a Per Diem nurse at New York's #1 hospital.
Across NewYork-Presbyterian, Per Diem nurses bring compassion, talent and quality to patient care. They make the most of NYP's flexible scheduling to balance work-style with lifestyle. Now, we're inviting you to join the team.
Experience a culture that embraces, supports and respects Per Diem Nurses.
Join our units as a skilled clinical professional, often floating across multiple world-renowned specialties. Working a minimum of two shifts a month, you'll enjoy dependable assignments and outstanding pay. You'll partner with top specialists. And you'll help deliver hope and healing to patients from around the world.
Over a century ago, NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division introduced the world to moral, humanistic psychiatric care. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. Today, top talented nurses continue to use compassionate, evidence-based practices.
Staff Nurse - RN - Psychiatry Float Pool - Per Diem
A staff nurse is a registered nurse, who in this first level position, coordinates care of assigned patients on a shift. Possesses the qualifications and attributes essential for the provision of safe, efficient and therapeutic nursing care. Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance. Acts as a patient advocate by addressing individual patient needs. Functions within the standards of practice established by NYP Department of Nursing and American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice. Acts within the policies and procedures of the hospital, division, and clinical department. Actively participates in the Professional Nursing Organization.
Flexible scheduling, nurse autonomy and shared clinical decision-making continue to attract the brightest minds in nursing. Become part of a culture where patient and employee satisfaction scores are at all-time highs.
This is a per diem float pool position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Westchester.
- Certification in area of specialization
- Minimum of 2-3 years of acute care RN experience, with at least 2 years of experience in psychiatry
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- New York State Licensed Registered Nurse
- BCLS Certification
- Working Knowledge of the nursing process: social, behavioral, biological and physical science
- Ability to analyze patient care data to deliver and evaluate care
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.