LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Experience a mission-driven career.
Staff Assistant - Patient Care Services
As the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian has a long tradition of bringing hope, health and healing to our communities. Now, we're seeking skilled administrative professionals to help make it possible.
Transform your career as a Staff Assistant at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the nation's largest not-for-profit medical center, and the largest private employer in New York City. Step into our fast-paced and rewarding environment, and keep us performing at the highest level. In this world-class setting, you will provide confidential administrative and secretarial duties and will be responsible for department - wide projects. This includes overseeing operations of department by interpreting policies and procedures and preparation of correspondences. You'll screen telephone calls and visitors, and help keep the entire team informed of critical and ongoing matters. Channel your office acumen and attention to detail in support of life-changing care. Get inspired by our patient-focused team, and feel the pride of making a difference.
- Preferred candidates have earned an associate's degree from a recognized college or secretarial school.
- Experience in payroll and timekeeping utilizing Kronos or similar software
- Strong calendar management experience
- This role requires at least two to three years of secretarial experience, supported by a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel to qualify.
- Must pass data entry test with minimum score of 4500 key strokes per minute.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.