Social Worker - Part-Time
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Breakthrough Behavioral Health:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Social Worker – Partial Hospitalization Program - Part Time
Elevate your Social Work career at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and discover why we're the nation's #3-ranked center for Psychiatry (U.S. News & World Report). Our hospital is a premier destination for psychiatric services—and an unmatched opportunity for top-talented Social Workers. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. Together, we've built a healing haven for patients. Join us, and experience Making It Possible.
As a Social Worker in the Partial Hospitalization Program, you will work closely with a team to provide short-term individual, family and group psychotherapy and discharge planning to adult patients with mood, anxiety and personality disorders. Here, you'll experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a part time position working Tuesday through Friday, 9am-2:15pm, some flexibility required. This position is scheduled to be available beginning February 2020.
- At least three years of previous psychiatric Social Work experience, preferably 2 years in outpatient setting
- Previous experience working with mood, anxiety and personality disorders
- Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Knowledge of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Experience in Group Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.