Social Worker (LCSW) - General Psychiatry - 5S
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Experience The Essence of Who We Are,
Person-Center Care Is At Our Core
Over a century ago, NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Behavioral Health Center introduced the world to moral, humanistic psychiatric care. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital with Distinction. Our hospital is also a recipient of Magnet from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Today, top talented nurses continue to use compassionate, evidence-based practices in the #4 ranked Psychiatry program in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report. It’s a progressive environment—and a premier opportunity for your career. Join a Culture that Supports Excellence in Quality and Patient Satisfaction.
The Haven is 10 bed acute general psychiatric unit. This is a mixed gender unit with serving patients 18 yrs and older. The Haven offers a discreet approach to the treatment of individuals needing inpatient psychiatric care tailored to each patient’s needs and private rooms. In this role you will often work to manage expectations with very anxious and involved families.
Social Worker (LCSW) - General Psychiatry / 5S
Experience a place where your discipline is immensely respected and have the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team. In this role you will serve as psychiatric social worker for assigned caseload of patients and their families. You will provide clinical social work services such as psychiatric evaluations and formulate treatment plans for patients in need of psychiatric care.
This is a full time position primarily working during the day with the potential of covering evenings and weekends at NewYork-Presbyterian/ Westchester Behavioral Health Center.
- A minimum of two year of Social Work experience in providing psychiatric evaluations and formulating treatment for patients
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license
- Master Degree in Social Work
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
- Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment) if applicable
- Basic Life Support Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.