Social Worker- Amenities Unit
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works at NewYork- Presbyterian
Social Worker – Amenities Unit
Elevate your Social Work career at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and discover why we're the nation's #3-ranked center for Psychiatry (U.S. News & World Report). Our hospital is a premier destination for psychiatric services—and an unmatched opportunity for top-talented Social Workers. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. Together, we've built a healing haven for patients. Join us, and experience Making It Possible.
Experience a place where your discipline is immensely respected. As a Social Worker with the Amenities Unit, you will provide psychiatric and psychosocial assessments, individual therapy such as CBT/DBT, psycho-education, family intervention, patient advocacy and discharge planning. You will also be relied on to coordinate continuous care with outpatient providers to keep the best interest of our patients in mind. Here, you’ll experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a full time position primarily working 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with the possibility of later coverage when needed. Flexibility for this position is required.
- Prior psychiatric experience and interest in working with patients with co-occurring substance use disorders
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- 2+ years of experience as a Social Worker
- Demonstrated ability to practice CBT and/or DBT
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with all patients
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
- Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- Basic Life Support Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.