Social Work Resource Liaison
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Worker Resource Liaisons Make the Difference
Social Work Resource Liaison - Adolescent Psychiatry - Westchester Division
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division, patients and caregivers simultaneously experience the peace and beauty of a retreat-like campus and the vast resources of a major university hospital. Our world-renowned behavioral health facility offers top clinicians the chance to make real advances for patients. We blaze the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. Here, we work to help patients with various types of psychiatric, behavioral, and adjustment problems that affect their family, community, and school life.
Continue the success of our care by collaborating with a network of external programs to effectively implement discharge plans for adolescent psychiatry patients. Secure aftercare appointments, coordinate the referral process, and complete applications for community programs and financial benefits. Escort patients to community interviews for services and arrange patient transportation to ensure a safe transition. Research available community resources to keep updated and accessible information for diverse patient populations and discharge planning needs. Build the connections that make the difference for our patients.
This position works Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Prior experience working with psychiatric patient population
- Bachelor degree in Social, Psychology or related field
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Experience with MicroSoft Office suite
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.