Rehabilitation Specialist - Westchester Division
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Renowned Rehabilitative Care:
Rehabilitation Specialist Make It Possible
Rehabilitation Specialist/Therapist -- Inpatient Psychiatry
As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian is dedicated to the highest level of rehabilitation care. Among our many world-class services is acute inpatient rehabilitation, which helps patients achieve functional independence so they can effectively integrate with the community. This requires the support of professionals from many different healthcare disciplines and specialties, including psychosocial rehabilitation. Find out how you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
We are seeking a Rehabilitation Specialist/Therapist to provide functional assessments and therapeutic group therapy programming to meet individual needs and treatment goals for patients. Work within a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to enhancing inpatient group programs throughout our hospital. Give back to the profession and mentor interns throughout the year. Coordinate the Adult Self Injurious behavior group leaders to provide a broad range of group therapy experiences.
This position works Tuesday-Saturday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- License in Mental Health Counseling (LMHC), Creative Arts Therapy (LCAT) or Occupational Therapy (OTRL) from New York State Department of Education or related field such as Music Therapy
- Master Degree
- Knowledge of DBT and or training in DBT
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis, principles and the application of group therapy modalities, evidenced base treatment for psychiatric disorders.
- Bachelor Degree
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.