White Plains, New York
Day (United States of America)
Committed to Care and Caring
Over a century ago,NewYork-Presbyterian/WestchesterBehavioral Health Center introduced the world to moral, humanistic psychiatric care. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital with Distinction. Our hospital is also a recipient of Magnet from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). It is a progressive environment—and a premier opportunity for your career. Join a Culture that Supports Excellence in Quality and Patient Satisfaction.
AtNewYork-Presbyterian,nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our staff dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger. You will work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
In this role you will draw blood for laboratory tests, as requested by physician, in established procedures. You will greet patients, visitors and employees while conducting yourself in a courteous manner. You will explain the procedure to be performed, clearly and concisely and maintain ongoing awareness of patient needs when performing procedures. Responsibilities include maintaining records, labeling appropriate receptacle, puncturing appropriate limb of patient, and drawing blood according to established infection control procedures.
This position works Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 9:00am at ourNewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Behavioral Health Center.
- Phlebotomy Certification from National Phlebotomy Association
- Prior venipuncture experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge and principles of infection control and normal anatomy required
- Customer service skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.