Per Diem Nurse Practitioner
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Advanced Practice Nursing at NYP: Make a Difference Every Day
Nurse Practitioner - Health Clinic - Per Diem
Psychiatry at NewYork-Presbyterian defies convention. For patients dealing with psychiatric illness or substance addiction, it’s a beacon of hope. For Nurse Practitioners with talent and tenacity, it’s a premier destination. And for psychiatry clinicians across the world, it’s a resource for ever-expanding clinical knowledge.
Step into this role at NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division and join an autonomous team of Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP). Provide medical primary care services for patients admitted to an acute psychiatric setting and employees in Workforce Health & Safety. In the acute psychiatric setting, the FNP will screen patients for appropriate medical care prior to admission, perform physical examinations and medical rounds on all newly admitted patients as well as manage and treat these patients during their hospitalization. In the Employee Health role, the FNP will perform pre-employment physical exams and provide episodic treatment to the employees.
This ia a per-diem position at NYP/Westchester Division, which includes some holidays, evenings, and weekends. Weekday shifts include 8am-6:30pm, 10:30am-9:00pm, 12:30pm-11:00pm; weekend shifts include 8am-6:30pm. The ideal candidate is available to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
- Family Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
- Experience in psych and emergency department preferred
- Master of Science in Nursing
- NY Nurse Practitioner license (or willingness to obtain)
- FNP board certification through ANCC or AANP
- DEA registration
- New grad NPs are encouraged to apply
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.