Per Diem-Mental Health Worker- Nights
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Breakthrough Behavioral Health:
Per Diem Mental Health Worker - Westchester Division - Nights
Build your behavioral health career at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and discover why we're the nation's #3-ranked center for Psychiatry (U.S. News & World Report). Over a century ago, we introduced the world to moral psychiatric care. Today, our specialized Women's Health Unit, NIMH-funded Eating Disorders Program, groundbreaking Kosher Unit for specific spiritual and dietary needs, and other programs make us a model center for patient-centered innovation. Together, we've built a healing haven for patients. Join us, and experience Making It Possible.
Be the eyes and ears of our expert clinical team as a Mental Health Worker. In this role, you'll observe and document patients' physical, emotional and social behavior, reporting as necessary to the nursing team. Maintain a therapeutic relationship with patients, expertly intervening in times of anxiousness and assisting them with their daily activities. Record vital signs and other important clinical information, as an important resource for the multidisciplinary team. Many of our Mental Health Workers go on to become leaders in Social Work, Occupational Therapy and other areas. Pursue this extraordinary opportunity to gain valuable frontline experience in mental health patient management.
Per Diem Mental Health Workers commit to a minimum of 4 night shifts, including weekend per month.
- Ideal candidates aspire to careers or degrees in social work or psychiatry.
- At least one year of psychiatry-related experience
- A college degree
- A high school diploma
- Current BLS certificate from the American Heart Association
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.