Patient Registrar - Per Diem - NYP-Westchester
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Define the Patient Care Experience at New York's #1 hospital.
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian as a patient registrar at the #1 hospital in New York by U.S. News & World Report. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Keep families informed. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of putting patients first a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you'll discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Patient Registrar - Per Diem - NYP/Westchester
In this role you will register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you'll obtain demographic details and insurance information, and ensure thorough registration and insurance verification. You'll record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
The shift for this position is from 1:00pm - 9:00pm as needed.
- Completed some college coursework and are familiar with health insurance requirements and clinical coding
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience supported by a high school diploma or GED
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to put patients first.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.