Laboratory Technologist - Generalist - Full Time - Westchester Division
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works:
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Westchester Division
Laboratory Technologist - Generalist - Full Time
Step into the fast-paced world of New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
Join a close-knit team of six Laboratory Technologists in a generalist role in providing patient care on the front-lines.Conduct routine and complex tests on clinical specimens in various areas of the laboratory at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Division, including hematology, serology, immunology, microscopy, chemistry, toxicology and endocrinology. Prepare specimens for in-house and reference laboratory distribution. Develop reagents and controls. Support new employee orientation and serve as a general resource for other Laboratory Technologists. Calibrate and maintain lab instrumentation. Research and establish new procedures to improve laboratory operations.
This position is a full time position 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday with rotating weekends and alternating holidays.
- One to three years of experience in a clinical laboratory
- ASCP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (or equivalent experience)
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
#labtech #labtechnician #labtechnologist #medicallabscientist#medicaltechnologist #clinicallaboratorytechnologist#medtech #clinicallabtech
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.