Education Coordinator - Nursing Professional Development
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Educate the brightest minds in clinical care.
Over a century ago, NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division introduced the world to moral, humanistic psychiatric care. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. We have also received designation from the American Nurses Credential Center Magnet Recognition Program for our amazing nursing care and professionalism in nursing practice. Today, top talented nurses continue to use compassionate, evidence-based practices. Its a progressive environment and a premier opportunity for your career. Culturally-sensitive, patient-centered care means a specialized Women’s Health Unit, an NIMH-funded Eating Disorders Program, a groundbreaking Kosher Unit for specific spiritual and dietary needs, and other premier programs. With Milieu Improvement education, we reduce seclusion and work to eliminate restraints. Nurses work independently, helping adult, adolescent and geriatric populations overcome unique challenges. Together, we have built a healing haven for patients as well as staff.
Come join a patient focused team led by a dynamic leader, responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs for nursing and support staff. Use your nursing experience and education in a meaningful way by guiding the next generation of top-talent nurses!
Identify the individual and collective learning needs of the nursing staff. Develop and implement course curriculum, incorporating evidence based practice utilizing learning platforms that engage the learners. Actively participate in the orientation of members of the Nursing staff Promote on going professional development. Actively participate in nursing orientation program and evaluate staff competence.
This is a Full time Day flex position at your NYP/Westchester Division.
- 4+ years of Registered Nurse experience
- 2+ years in Psychiatry
- Teaching experience preferred
- Passion for combining innovation with education, and the ability to connect well with staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Master's Degree in nursing Education or related field
- Current New York State RN license
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.