Behavior Health Access Coordinator - Weekends- Westchester
LocationWhite Plains, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Access your opportunity to represent New York’s top hospital.
Behavioral Health Access Coordinator – Weekends – Westchester
Bring your outstanding interpersonal skills to NewYork-Presbyterian, and serve as a dependable resource for people seeking psychiatric services of the highest caliber. Over a century ago, NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division introduced the world to humanistic psychiatric care. Today, we remain at the forefront of the field—and our Access Service is essential to our success. Each year, our Access Service staff members process around 5,000 admissions, in addition to handling thousands of informational phone calls for both inpatient and ambulatory services. With an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service, these professionals continually strive to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and overall experience of each patient interaction. Now, you have the opportunity to help make it possible:
Communicate with people on the phone and in person to answer a wide range of questions regarding service options for patient’s psychiatric services. Collect demographic, clinical and insurance information from patients to facilitate assessment for triage, and provide financial/benefits information to patients and their families. Manage bed assignments through the Centralized Psychiatry Access Center to best meet the clinical needs of our patients. Coordinate the logistics associated with the admission, discharge, and transfer processes. Regularly evaluate the operations of our Access Service to identify opportunities for improvement, and participate in quality/performance improvement initiatives. Join a tight-knit team that values collaboration, open communication and patient-centered care. Enjoy the rewarding feeling that comes with helping people in need.
The shift for this position is Saturdays and Sundays 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- College degree or in pursuit of one
- Prior experience in a psychiatric setting with strong data entry skills
- Ability to develop clear conceptualization of program offerings across campuses of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Ability to analyze patient insurance benefits.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating with patients, referral sources
- High School Diploma/GED
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.