Supervisor Core Laboratory - Laboratory - Full Time Day
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Quality at Its Best
Supervisor, Core Laboratory - Laboratory - Full Time Day
This team is at the forefront of their field. Out highly skilled histotechnologists, cytotechnologists, and clinical lab technologists position us a leader in the fields of molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics, transfusion medicine, clinical laboratory testing services and more.
Entering our facilities means engaging with some of the most sophisticated equipment in the world. Out Core Laboratory is proud of its advanced "islands of automation". We adopt the most modern approaches to quality improvement, including the reduction of error rate through effective automation.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, coordinates a wide variety of administrative personnel and technical activities to ensure efficient operation of the Core Laboratory sections. Initiates new procedures, as well as, study, refine and modify established methods and techniques. Serves as a resource to the Leadership Team. Addresses complaints regarding laboratory functions and work with the Leadership team as well as staff to resolve identified problems. Provides direction and supervision to Chief Technologists, and Technologist.
This is a full time day position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor, upper Westchester County, N.Y.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department or Certificate of Qualification
- Minimum of six (6) years clinical laboratory experience which is inclusive of three (3) years of laboratory supervisory experience
- Meets all requirements of the New York State Department of Education for a Laboratory Supervisor
- Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Computer literacy and experience in utilization of laboratory computer systems
- Experience with computerized spreadsheets, Word Processors and other statistical and financial programming
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.