Laboratory Technician I (Phlebotomist)
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Committed to Care and Caring
Laboratory Technician I (Phlebotomist) - Laboratory - Full Time (Monday/Friday 9am-5pm with every other weekend 6am-2pm)
Committed to care, our Laboratory Technician I can enter a room and bring comfort, calm and compassion. Join a team of Phlebotomists in a fast-paced hospital, outpatient laboratory and at a skilled nursing facilities drawing blood for laboratory tests as requested by physicians in accordance with established procedures.
This position is a full time (Monday/Friday 9am-5pm with every other weekend 6am-2pm) position at NewYork-Presbyterin Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor, Upper Westchester, NY.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Experience andexpertisein venipuncture technique preferred.
- Some laboratory training and EKG/EEG experience preferred.
Ability to deal with patients pleasantly to minimize trauma to patients.
Must be able to function well under the normal pressures of hospital laboratory work.
Possess effective communication and organizational skills.
Possess computer skills appropriate for the position.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.