LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Exercise Physiologist Make it Possible
Exercise Physiologist – Cardiac Rehabilitation – Full Time Days
NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital is a shining example of top rated personalized care. It's where foremost medical minds make time to know patients - and each other. It's a leading institution, with a heart for the community. Now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible.
When Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehabilitation is prescribed, the exercise physiologist is responsible for evaluation, planning, and development of accurate individualized exercise prescriptions including updates to more intense MET levels with physician approval. The exercise physiologist assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. Exercise physiologist will participate in operational aspects of the department, and maintain performance improvement activities. Provide input in formulating budget. Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
This is a full time days position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor, Upper Westchester County, NY.
- Two years cardiopulmonary rehab experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in exercise physiology, exercise science, physical therapy, respiratory therapy or other health related field.
- Possess current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Possess ability to identify cardiac arrhythmias.
- Possess ability to identify lung sounds.
- Possess experience in operating a cardiopulmonary rehab telemetry system.
- Possess knowledge of exercise equipment operations/exercise prescription.
- Possess ability to take blood pressure and pulse manually.
- Possess ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, family members, physicians, Cardio pulmonary department and other hospital departments.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.