Diag Med Sonographer I - Radiology - Per Diem
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Highest Quality Clinical Images:
You Make It Possible
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer I - Radiology - Per Diem
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer I step into a fast-paced world of leading edge care. It’s a culture of innovation and collaboration, with a multi-generational and supportive team. Bring your passion and professionalism to the center ranked #1 in New York. Join us, and help patients with rare, critical conditions. Achieve at the highest level. Feel the pride of Making It Possible:
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer I shall be responsible for performing ultrasound imaging and related procedures as prescribed by physicians under the direction of a radiologist and/or cardiologist with little supervision.
NewYork Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital is known worldwide for boldly advanced diagnostic care and caring. Smart, knowledgeable technologists like you help us diagnose challenging conditions, building on our tradition of historic innovation and care.
This is a per diem position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor, upper Westchester County, N.Y.
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Ultrasonographers (ARDMS) or eligible.
- Knowledge of medical diagnostic sonography, usually obtained by being a graduate of the committee of allied health education and accreditation (CAHEA) accredited sonography program (program length 9 months to two years) or equivalent required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with patients, patient family members, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate and perform diagnostic ultrasound exams.
- Organizational skills necessary in order to plan and implement several procedures simultaneously and to coordinate work within the unit and department.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.