LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Feel the Pride
Transporter – Central Transport – Part Time
At NewYork-Presbyterian, New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), our Transporters are essential to ensuring a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our patients and their families. From friendly smiles and conversations, to the continuous focus on being a patient ambassador, our Transporters help to provide a positive experience for everyone within our hospital. If you’re ready to play a key role in the care and caring of our patients, explore the following position:
Maintain a culture of compassion, caring, warmth and support while escorting patients to areas throughout the hospital conducting yourself in a courteous manner and responding to patients’ needs and inquiries politely and promptly. Spend quality time and build solid relationships with patients and their families. Go above and beyond for patients, deliver superior customer service and ensure their comfort and safety at all times.
This is a Part Time position at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens located in Flushing, NY.
- Extensive customer service experience and a desire to Put Patients First.
- Experience in the hotel, restaurant or retail industry.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some previous experience in food service is desirable.
- Ability to follow simple directions.
*The shift includes weekdays, weekends and holidays and requires registration with the 1199 Job Security Fund.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.