LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Supervisor/Quality Assurance Officer – Transfusion Medicine
Laboratory Science Saves Lives:
Transfusion Services Make It Possible
As one of the busiest Transfusion Medicine Departments in the area, Laboratory Technologists at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment and helping redefine the limits of science and medicine. Join us and discover Where Amazing Works.
As Supervisor/QA Officer in Transfusion Medicine, you will coordinate and evaluate staff and system operations to ensure the delivery of quality patient care involved in the collection, testing and processing of blood for diagnosis and transfusion. The Supervisor/QA officer prepares and presents quality improvement data to the Transfusion Services QA Committee, performs validation and implementation of new analyzers and computer systems and reviews daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly QCs for reagents and equipment. Here you have an opportunity to oversee Quality Assurance review, development of staff and the department and contribute to lifesaving results.
- Bachelor’s degree
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license from the NY Education Department
- ASCP certification
- 6 years clinical laboratory experience, of which at least 1 year was as a supervisor
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.