Sr Admitting Rep
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Create Exceptional Patient Care Experience
Senior Admitting Representative – Full Time
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens as an Senior Admitting Representative at the #1 hospital in New York by U.S. News & World Report. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Keep families informed. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of putting patients first a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you will discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care.
Process admissions, transfers and discharges of patients, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you will obtain demographic details, insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You will record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, routines, regulations and medical terminology
- Some college preferred
- Previous experience in an emergency department
- Computer skills and knowledge of insurance a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified candidates have at least one year of clerical experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.