Social Worker Victims Intervention Program - Queens - 10am-6pm
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Social Worker – Victims Intervention Program (VIP) Queens 10am-6pm
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents.
As part of our growing health care team,Social Workers will experience a place where your discipline is immensely respected. You will advocate, coordinate safety planning and provide continuum of care planning for patients and families. You will participate in clinical debriefings , provide support to colleagues after traumatic patient presentations and program planning.
This is a full time Social Work position, in the Victim Intervention Program (VIP) that serves the crisis and long-term needs of survivors of domestic and sexual violence, elder abuse, human trafficking and other crimes. The position requires a trauma informed/trained practitioner to provide direct services to survivors of violence in individual and group modalities. A commitment and dedication to serving this population is essential. Education and training of volunteers, professional staff and community providers is a critical component of this assignment.
You must have the flexibility to work evening and weekend hours to suit the expanding services and growing needs of the clientele of the VIP . Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field and have an opportunity to grow with this new program.
This position is 10am-6pm M-F with weekend and holiday rotations
- Crisis related experience
- Trauma related experience
- Bi-lingual Asian Languages
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.