Secretary- Forest Hills
LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works!
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group– Secretary-Forest Hills
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) Practices are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with Columbia Doctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
As a member of our administrative team, you will discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going beyond to help others. In this role, you will obtain demographic details and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You will record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a full time Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, overtime as needed. May be required to travel to other practice locations in Queens.
- Completed some college coursework and are familiar with health insurance requirements.
- Experience working in a busy medical practice.
- Epic experience
- Qualified candidates have at least one year of clerical experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to put patients first.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.