Respiratory Therapist-Pediatric Asthma Grant
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Pediatric Asthma Grant- Full time - Days
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, which is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents. The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous sub-specialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multi-specialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually. We are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by New York State and by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field with bold innovation, while providing unmatched care.
In this role you will provides respiratory care to pediatric patients in the outpatient setting, including respiratory assessment, performing pulmonary function testing and cardiopulmonary exercise testing, respiratory device and therapy training, patient and provider education, and administering therapeutic medications and gases as ordered by physician.
This is a full time day shift position, hours vary Monday-10am to 6pm; Tuesday 8am to 4pm,Wednesday 10am to 6pm, Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 4pm, an occasional Saturday.
The center is located at the NYP Queens, 59-16 174th Street Fresh Meadows, , New York 11365.
- 1-2 years of hospital based experience
- Preferred Certification in Asthma Education.
- Preferred candidates will have RRT and CRT certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy
- Pediatric experience
- Current New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS)
*The shift includes weekdays, weekends and holidays and requires registration with the 1199 Job Security Fund.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.