Resp Therapy Supervisor
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Respiratory Therapy Supervisor - Full time – Overnight
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, which is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents. The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous subspecialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multi-specialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually. We are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by New York State and by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field with bold innovation, while providing unmatched care.
Under the guidance of the Director of Respiratory Care, the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor will administer the provision of various treatments, therapies, invasive and non-invasive procedures to patients. Oversee day-to-day operations for an assigned team with a focus on developing staff while tending to reporting, planning, and scheduling for the department. Interact with all levels of physicians, nurses, and hospital leadership in this highly visible position, utilizing your ICU/Critical Care/Open Heart expertise while displaying leadership inherent to a managerial role. Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
This is a full time position 11PM to 7AM, Varied Shift (Sunday-Thursday or Monday to Friday), located in Flushing, Queens.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy (American Medical Association approved)
- Experienced in Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care will promote best care in those areas.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy (American Medical Association approved)
- New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Five years critical care experience, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Computer Proficiency
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.