Research Technologist - Microbiology
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Research Technologist – Microbiology
Life Saving Laboratory Science
Step into the fast-paced world of New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology.
Deliver care you can be proud of. Under the direction of the Chief of Microbiology the Research Technologist will be performing testing leading to the evaluation and validation of Molecular Microbiology platforms for clinical applications. Its critical research and complex testing on clinical specimens in the microbiology laboratory like this that helps save lives. In state-of-the-art 24-hour facilities, you'll find real opportunities to maximize your time and training. Perform all quality control procedures and assist in the evaluation of new equipment, reagents and methodologies.
This position is a grant funded position at New York-Presbyterian Queens.
- Microbiology experience as a Laboratory Technologist
- ASCP certification
- Bachelors Degree
- New York State licensed Clinical Lab Technologist or
- New York State Clinical Molecular Technologist
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.