Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - Night Flex
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Full Time – Flex-Nights
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing, New York, which is a community teaching hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, serving Queens and metro New York residents. The 535-bed tertiary care facility provides services in 14 clinical departments and numerous subspecialties. Annually, 15,000 surgeries and 4,000 infant deliveries are performed at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. With its network of affiliated primary and multi-specialty care physician practices and community-based health centers, the hospital provides approximately 162,000 ambulatory care visits and 124,000 emergency service visits annually. We are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by New York State and by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field with bold innovation, while providing unmatched care.
Under the direction of a licensed physician, the Respiratory Therapist will perform various treatments, therapies, invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will clinically supervise and monitor clinical activities of Respiratory Technicians as described within the licensure law. Respiratory Therapists assist in transportation of incubated patients with the special emphasis in maintaining airways and providing adequate ventilation and oxygenation. Assess modalities of respiratory therapy, recommend changes - including improvements appropriate to the delivery of respiratory care.
This is a Full Time position 1199, Night Flex shift position including alternate weekends, located at the NYP Queens, Flushing, New York.
- 1-2 years of hospital based experience
- Pediatric experience
- Preferred candidates will have RRT and CRT certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy
- Current New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) from the American Heart Association.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.