Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - FT Nights-Evening Shifts - NYP/Queens
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Transform Your Life as a Emergency Room Nurse
Staff Nurse - RN - Emergency Department – Full Time - Night/Evening Shifts
At NewYork-Presbyterian\Queens, Emergency Department (ED) nursing is a moment-to-moment, career-transforming experience. Here, ED nurses independently assess conditions and rapidly arrange multidisciplinary care. From hi-tech intervention to community trauma care, our nurses identify challenges, comfort families and organize teams when every second counts. As a designated 911 receiving hospital, our ED has achieved the highest distinction given by the American College of Surgeons and is now one of only a few Level I Trauma Centers in the New York region providing around-the-clock access to a trauma surgeon, operating room as well as every subspecialty of surgery available.
At NewYork-Presbyterian\Queens, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
There are Full Time Night and Evening Shifts Available position at NewYork-Presbyterian\Queens.
Night Shifts are 7PM - 7AM
Evening Shifts will rotate between 11AM -11PM or 3PM-3AM
***Schedule requires shifts Every Other Weekend***
At least one year of acute care RN experience in an ED
- 2+ years acute care Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or pending)
- BCLS from the American Heart Association
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS and TNCC within 1 year of hire
- Participation on one of 12 clinical councils after completion of probation
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) within 3 years of hire.
- Successful completion of Emergency Nursing Academy (mandatory weekly 3-hour class for 20 weeks)
- Successful completion of Nursing Residency program: monthly meetings for 12 months (for Nurses with less than 1 year of acute care nursing experience)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.