Quality & Patient Safety Improvement Specialist
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Quality & Patient Safety at NY’s #1 Hospital: You Can Make It Possible
Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Specialist (RN) – Quality Management
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, quality assurance and performance improvement are driving our advancement as New York’s #1-ranked hospital and #5-ranked hospital in the nation (U.S.News & World Report). Through our unyielding commitment to excellence, we continue to identify opportunities to enhance processes for each other and optimize outcomes for patients with an unwavering focus on quality, making tomorrow better for countless human beings. Now, you have the chance to experience the fulfillment of building on our reputation for excellence.
Take on this exciting new position as a Quality and Patient Safety Improvement Specialist (QPSIS) in Quality Management and help oversee hospital- wide initiatives to promote a culture of safety and reliability. In this role, you will bring together appropriate clinical staff to evaluate significant events, conduct Root Cause Analyses (RCAs), and conducts other investigations to understand causes, opportunities for improvement and any next steps to mitigate patient harm and event reoccurrence. The QPSIS will incorporate improvement methodologies into the patient safety program and regularly educate staff through training, presentations and other activities, and inspire excellence each and every day.
- Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or related field.
- Project Management experience and IHI/Lean training.
- Experience working with improvement methodologies such as LEAN, Model for Improvement, PDSA or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience
- NYS Professional License (RN, PA, or comparable)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.