Project Coordinator- Intern - Nursing
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shape the Future of Healthcare
Discover why NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked #1 amongst the Best Hospitals in New York and recognized by Glassdoor as a 2019 Best Places to Work – Employees’ Choice. It begins with our commitment that We Put Patients First.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, we are on a mission to mentor the health care leaders of tomorrow. This highly selective paid summer internship program is designed to give current undergraduate Juniors and Seniors as well as MHA candidates exposure to some of the most crucial operational departments of the hospital. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion. NewYork-Presbyterian Queens will be offering 8-week summer internship positions from early June through August. Internship opportunities are within the following departments:
- Human Resources
- Patient Experience
Position Description and Required Criteria.
NURSING SUMMER INTERN
Under a professional Registered Nurse’s supervision, performs patient care activities and supporting services related to the personal, therapeutic and comfort needs of patients.
Under the supervision of existing staff, tasks may include the following:
- Demonstrates safety and accuracy in performance of duties, according to the Department of Patient Care Services Policy and Procedures and Standards of Practice
- Obtains patient’s height, weight and vital signs, if required
- Performs blood pressure accurately on both the electronic and manual manometer
- Assists patients with activities of daily living
- Presentation at completion of internship highlighting knowledge gained and lessons learned
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Nursing Program as a student RN seeking a Bachelor of Science degrees in Nursing
- Has achieved university designation as a junior or senior prior to starting the program or approval from program director
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills for communicating with patients, families, visitors and staff
- Basic clerical ability and basic computer knowledge
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.