Project Coordinator- Intern - Finance
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shape the Future of Healthcare
Discover why NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked #1 among the Best Hospitals in New York and recognized by Glassdoor as a 2019 Best Places to Work – Employees’ Choice. It begins with our commitment that We Put Patients First.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, we are on a mission to mentor the health care leaders of tomorrow. This highly selective paid summer internship program is designed to give current undergraduate Juniors and Seniors as well as MHA candidates exposure to some of the most crucial operational departments of the hospital. NewYork-Presbyterian Queens will be offering 8-week summer internship positions from early June through August. Internship opportunities are within the following departments:
FINANCE SUMMER INTERN
The position is responsible for assisting with data collection and financial analysis activities associated with various projects within the Finance Department.
Involvement in a variety of project which may include the following:
- Assist with collection of data and related analysis
- Reconciliation of financial data between systems
- Data collection for an operational benchmarking project
- Account reconciliations
- Preparation of budget schedules
- Presentation at completion of internship highlighting knowledge gained and lessons learned
- Current student in an accredited 4-year college or graduate program with a major or concentration in finance, accounting and/or economics and achieved a designation as a junior or senior for Fall 2018
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and other MS Office products
- Analytical thinker comfortable working with numbers and providing a data-driven rationale for recommendations
- Effective communicator able to coordinate deadlines and deliverables among multiple stakeholders
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.