Project Coordinator- Intern - Administration
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shape the Future of Healthcare
Discover why NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked #1 amongst the Best Hospitals in New York and recognized by Glassdoor as a 2019 Best Places to Work – Employees’ Choice. It begins with our commitment that We Put Patients First.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, we are on a mission to mentor the health care leaders of tomorrow. This highly selective paid summer internship program is designed to give current undergraduate Juniors and Seniors as well as MHA candidates exposure to some of the most crucial operational departments of the hospital. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion. NewYork-Presbyterian Queens will be offering 8-week summer internship positions from early June through August. Internship opportunities are within the following departments:
- Human Resources
- Patient Experience
Position Descriptions and Required Criteria.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUMMER INTERN
The goal of the Administrative Intern is to provide opportunities to experience one or more aspects of healthcare administration and obtain basic skills and knowledge that contributes to effective healthcare administration.
Involvement in a variety of projects, including the following:
- Learn about leadership and management in the healthcare environment, by working side by side with one or more key executive leaders with the organization.
- Involvement in an administrative project, such as collection and presentation of data sets, or participation of public reporting initiatives.
- Areas of focus may include one or more of the following: finance, compliance, population health, business intelligence, public reporting, operations, or clinical areas
- Presentation at completion of internship highlighting knowledge gained and lessons learned.
- Current student enrolled in Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service, organization, problem solving, time and task management skills
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.