Pre Procedure Pro Facilitator
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
World-Class Care Happens Here: You Can Help Make it Possible
Each year, thousands of patients from all over the world travel to NewYork Presbyterian-New York's #1 ranked hospital. Renowned physicians, leading-edge technology and ground-breaking procedures make us a destination center for care.
In this position, you will feel the pride of going beyond to help others by registering and scheduling patients for surgical and non-surgical procedures including pre-admission testing and obtain authorization from third party-payor for Endoscopy patients. In this role, you will obtain demographic details and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You will record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients, and maintain records for all procedures performed in the Endoscopy Suite. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This position fulltime days and located in Flushing, Queens.
- Previous business or clerical experience in busy, acute clinical/office setting, preferably an Operating Room, Endoscopy or Ambulatory Surgery setting.
- 2 years’ experience in patient services environment within a medical center, physician's office or related healthcare setting
- Communication and presentation skills to effectively interact in a cross-cultural settling
- Proficiency with Windows-based software
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.