LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Customer Service that Impacts the Big Picture:
You Can Help Make It Possible
Physician Biller – Full Time - Lake Success
Step into NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, where customer service is crucial to our success as New York’s #1-ranked hospital. Working at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, one of the members of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional network, you’ll help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence. It’s the kind of work that’s essential to a better tomorrow. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Located in Lake Success, Long Island, NY, take on this important role, responsible for ensuring accurate billing to patient accounts and the timely collection of required payments. Assist patients, families and insurance carriers with billing inquiries. Process coding corrections and late charges. Review credit balances and submit refunds as necessary. Establish a solid foundation for continuous advancement in your career here, and feel the pride of a future that’s always promising.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Three to five years healthcare billing/reimbursement or collections experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of third party regulations, medical billing procedure and the proper completion of HCFA Form 1500 required.
- Thorough knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding and medical terminology required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional customer service
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.