Physician Assistant II - Non Invasive Cardiology
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Physician Assistant – Non Invasive Cardiology
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, Physician Assistants help provide the highest-level of cardiac care imaginable. The cardiac program at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens unites multiple service lines to achieve the best possible outcomes. Our Non-Invasive Cardiology Service uses advanced imaging technology to diagnosis and treat cardiovascular disease. We are recognized and accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Echocardiography (IAC) and the Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology.
Physician Assistants in Non Invasive Cardiology are skilled clinicians with a broad and thorough scope of understanding of disease and medical management of critically ill patients. PA’s are respected collaborators, working as part of a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families and committed to our culture where We Put Patients First.
Here, you'll experience a wide variety of cases and assist in the clinical care of patients in the department of Nuclear Medicine and Non Invasive Cardiology. Responsibilities will include obtaining patient history and medical clearance prior to procedures, performing physical examination/diagnostic procedures such as Nuclear Stress Testing, Echo Stress Testing, Plain Stress Testing, TEEs, echocardiographic contrast media infusions, and therapeutic tasks, writing pre-and post procedural order, notes and counseling patients. Together, we use our brains and hearts to provide the highest level of care imaginable. Greatness is in Every One of Us.
This is a full-time position at NYP Queens.
- At least one year of experience caring for critically ill patients
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant studies
- NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
- Must have a working knowledge of Nuclear Stress Testing, Non Invasive Cardiology Stress Testing, TEE procedures, TTE contrast and bubbles injections.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.