Per Diem Lab Technologist - Chemistry
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Technologists Make It Possible
Lab Technologist - Chemistry - Per Diem
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, laboratory technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise.
Here you’ll have an opportunity to work with nationally accredited colleagues and contribute to lifesaving results. In state-of-the-art 24-hour facilities, you’ll find real opportunities to maximize your time and training.
Laboratory specimen are critical to the accurate diagnosis and treatment of disease and illness. As a Lab Technologist, you will perform a variety of automated and manual tests and related duties to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will also perform both Stat & routine testing in an accurate & timely manner. Meet quality control standards. Troubleshoot and resolve instrument problems. Also, utilize the Meditech lab info system for data entry and the performance of testing. Receive and process a variety of specimens.
- Board certification (ASCP or NCA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology
- Current Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting, but new grads are welcome to apply.
- Excellent judgment, communication, computer, troubleshooting, organization and prioritization skills a must.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.