PD Security Officer
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Safe Environments for Care:
Security Officers Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, security officers do more than patrol facilities and campuses - they take part in amazing stories. When a patient was recently admitted with a severe illness, one security officer sensed the need for action. Maintaining his post, he repositioned himself in view of the patient room. And when the patient’s condition suddenly became critical, this officer alerted clinicians for life-saving intervention. Each day, Security Officers at NewYork-Presbyterian serve and inspire with similar acts of service and integrity. Now, you can Make It Possible.
Be a visible front line security presence for the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S. News, 2016-2017) and the #1-ranked hospital in Security 500 for 2016 and 2017. Protect patients, visitors, employees and property across our medical and academic campuses, maintaining access control in assigned areas and responding to emergency situations. Help maintain lawful environment for lifesaving care.
- Bachelors degree, military experience, or 2 years of collegiate course in criminal justice or related field.
- Prior work experience as Security Guard.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Current NYS Security Guard License.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required within 90 days of starting in role.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.