PD Reg Respiratory Therapist
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Respiratory Therapists Make It Possible
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Per Diem
Per-Diem Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory Department
Join NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens at the forefront of respiratory therapy. Take a leap forward by advancing your career with us, as we continue to utilize advanced techniques that improve care quality and shorten length of stays. Bold innovation. Unmatched patient care. Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field. And now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
Under the direction of a licensed physician, the Respiratory Therapist will perform various treatments, therapies, invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will clinically supervise and monitor clinical activities of Respiratory Technicians as described within the licensure law. Respiratory Therapists assist in transportation of incubated patients with the special emphasis in maintaining airways and providing adequate ventilation and oxygenation. Assess modalities of respiratory therapy; recommend changes - including improvements appropriate to the delivery of respiratory care.
This is a Per Diem shift at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, located in Flushing Queens.
- 1-2 years of hospital based experience
- Preferred candidates will have RRT and CRT certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy
- Current New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.