LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Patient Navigator – Robert Center for Community Health Navigation
At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, our mission is to provide our greater community with excellence in clinical care, patient safety, education, clinical research, and science. As part of this mission, the Patient Navigator Program seeks to empower and educate patients on how best to access and utilize healthcare services; to support patients and their caregivers to achieve a successful plan for continuity of care; and to optimize appropriate health and social service resources.
The Patient Navigator functions as the primary care coordinator for patients and collaborates with key clinical staff to ensure comprehensive care and treatment. Coordinates appointments, provides logistical support, acts as a liaison between the patient and medical team, direct patient inquires to appropriate staff, and facilitates collection of medical records, insurance and financial information. Position includes direct contact and communication with patient, in person, on telephone or via e-mail. The Patient Navigator Program is situated in the Emergency Department (ED).
*Multiple Shifts, Flushing, Queens-12pm-8pm (Alternating Saturday & Sunday Required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese
- 2-3 years of experience in primary or community health
- Knowledge of overall hospital and community resources
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Various shifts available (working weekends and holidays may be required)
- Bachelor's degree
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.