LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Pathologists Assistant – Pathology Laboratory
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Pathologists Assistants Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens, our Pathology Laboratory is one of the busiest in New York. Within our state-of-the-art lab, we maintain a high level of clinical interaction and enable expedited specimen processing. In turn, we deliver life-saving results to a growing volume of patients faster than most hospitals in the area.
In our state-of the-art gross room you will dissect and examine all types of surgical specimens from small biopsies to large complex specimens. Pathologists’ Assistants assist in cutting and staining frozen sections. Assess specimen volume and complexity, and triage specimens among cutting room personnel, technicians and residents.
- Pathology experience
- One to three years experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pathologist Assistant license from the New York State Education Department
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.