LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride!
Physician Assistant I- Medical Group Queens
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
- Provide active support of the service excellence in the Medical Center, consistent with the Medical Center's determination that service excellence will distinguish it in the marketplace
- All Medical Staff are expected to vigorously pursue objectives to improve customer satisfaction in the department and through collaboration with other departments.
- Provide complete medical and surgical care of the surgical patient from admission to discharge including consultative and outpatient settings.
- Perform and document a thorough history and physical exam with the ability to derive a comprehensive clinical impression, or set of differential diagnoses, and concomitant plan of management including diagnostic studies.
- Accurately and efficiently assess the patient's clinical status in a competent manner, with presentation to the supervising/ attending physician.
- Demonstrate a strong command and appropriate application of clinical and basic knowledge in the diagnostic process.
- Additional duties as needed.
48 hour work week- Rotating Shifts
- Experience within a Cardiothoracic Practice
- New York State Physician Assistant License and Registration; NCCPA Board Certification.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Department of Surgery and maintain current certifications including ACLS and BCLS or equivalent (FCCS/ or ATLS).
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.