LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NYPresbyterian Medical Group-Queens
PA-1-Supports Center for Developmentally Disabled.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
To assist in the clinical care of patients including but not limited to obtaining history, performing physical examination/diagnostic and therapeutic tasks, writing an assessment and plan, writing admission orders and daily management orders and counseling patients and making referrals.
- Performs preliminary diagnostic tasks.
- Performs ongoing assessment of therapy.
- Documents (for credentialing purposes) and performs a variety of clinical procedures when patient is hemodynamically unstable or during life threatening situations. .
- Assists Attending Physicians in rounds.
- Participates in unit workload.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments in the field.
- Takes notes on patients and completes
- Develops and maintains a high level of customer service.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION Minimum education requirements.
Graduate of an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program.
Must maintain PA Certification as per NCCPA.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.