Out Patient Representative
LocationQueens, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Create Exceptional Patient Care Experience
Out Patient Representative - Full Time- Pediatrics
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian as an Out Patient Representative at the #1 hospital in New York by U.S. News & World Report. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Keep families informed. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of putting patients first a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you will discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care.
In this highly visible role, you will serve as the patient’s main point of contact and the face of the New York-Presbyterian/Queens organization, ensuring timely patient scheduling, registrations and approvals for treatment. You will obtain accurate demographic and insurance information in order to bill the insurance and patient appropriately. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
Shift: M-F 11am-7pm Flexible
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, routines, regulations and medical terminology
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in an Pediatric department
- Computer skills and knowledge of insurance a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.