Nurse Practitioner-Vascular Surgery-NYPresbyterian Medical Group-Queens
LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Nurse Practitioner-Vascular Surgery-NYPresbyterian Medical Group-Queens.
Will travel between hospital and practice locations.
Monday-Friday Full Time-Days
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Provide health care to medical / surgical service patients in collaboration with the attending physicians of the assigned medical /surgical service specialty. She or he is responsible for the delivery of care within the Medical Surgical Service Division, in accordance with the agreed upon Practice Protocols and Nurse Practitioner Clinical Practice Agreement. She or he acts within the policies and procedures established by the Division of Nursing, the medical / surgical service department, and New York Presbyterian/Medical Group Queens.
Current NY State certification as a Nurse Practitioner in area of specialty.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Master's degree as a Nurse Practitioner or completion of a certificate program as a Nurse Practitioner in area of specialty.
Previous progressive experience relevant to medicine or surgery.
- Assesses the physical and psycho-social health status of individuals and families through history and physical examination.
- Evaluates the assessment data to make decisions about treatment according to protocols or in collaboration with physicians and other health professionals.
- Documents health assessment data and plan of care.
- Manages the care of patients within protocols mutually agreed upon by medical and nursing personnel, including:
- Prescribes and provides guidance including selected interventional procedures.
- Orders laboratory tests and interprets results.
- Makes judgments about the use of pharmaceutical agents as standard treatments in diagnosed conditions.
- Orders follow-up appointments and initiates referrals. le. Provides patient education and counseling on health status and treatment plan. If. Advocate for patients and supports patients' rights.
- Participates in defining, maintaining and interpreting standards of nursing practices.
- Serves as a resource person and participates in staff development programs.
- Participates in educational programs of the School of Continuing Education for Nurses.
- Keeps knowledge current by learning and medical / surgical specialty conference attendance.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to determine and achieve health goals of patients and families.
- Collaborates with administration and professional staff of the New York Medical Group Queens in the establishment and implementation of community services.
- Serves as a liaison between patient and the medical staff to provide office visits and follow-up of treatment plan.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.