LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Nurse Navigator-Breast Center
Care coordinator position
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens-Flushing
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm overtime as needed
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
- The Nurse Clinician Nurse Navigator participates in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of services provided by the Breast Center.
- In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team: Develops and oversees the daily care coordination provided to patients.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient and radiologists, pathologists, referring physicians, professional health care staff and other parties involved in the care of patients being seen in the Breast Center.
- Facilitates consistent care and addresses actual and potential treatment barriers as the patient moves through care continuum. Provides comfort and education to the patients and their families as well as connecting them to resources and support services.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Current NYS Registered Nurse License
One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN-CG)
Certified Navigator (CN-BN)
Oncology Certified Nurse (ONC)
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN@)
Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN)
3-5 years clinical experience as a case manager or navigator preferred.
Oncology experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge of community resources and hospital processes, structure, and function desirable.
Basic knowledge of quality assurance principles gained through completion of nursing program.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.