LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens.
Medical Assistant-Cardiology Practice
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with Columbia Doctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Medical Assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical functions, in accordance with established policies and procedures, to assist the practitioners and management in daily office operations. This is a technical position with no supervisory responsibility. As a Medical Assistant in our practice, you will:
- Prep and assist in the exam room
- Triage Patients
- Collects urine and draw blood samples
- Take and record height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, and pulse of patients
This is a Full Time position Monday-Friday- 9:00AM-5:00 overtime as needed. May be required to cover for other practice locations within Queens. Bilingual candidates would be a plus (English Spanish, Mandarin, and Cantonese)
- Medical Assistant experience within a cardiology healthcare setting.
- Epic experience
- Current Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification through AAMA, AMT,NHA or NCCT
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- A minimum of one year medical assistant experience or internship in a physician practice
- National Medical Assistant Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.