LocationFlushing, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Feel the Pride!
Certified Medical Assistant- Urology
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Certified Medical Assistant performs a variety of clinical and clerical functions, in accordance with established policies and procedures, to assist the practitioners and management in daily office operations. This is a technical position with no supervisory responsibility.
Monday-Friday shift varies 8:00am-6:00pm
Travel within other Practice locations in Queens.
- Assists the provider in the exam or treatment room, when needed.
- Collects urine samples.
- Draws blood samples.
- Maintains and re-orders medical supplies.
- Takes and records height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, and pulse of patients.
- Provides basic life support when needed.
- Reviews laboratory results.
- Assists physicians with various procedures.
- Orders and restocks medical supplies.
- Files laboratory and other results in medical records.
- Performs other clinical and clerical support activities as required
- Obtains and records demographic and third party billing information on the appropriate forms and/or computer terminals.
- Types records, reports, and correspondence. Maintains office records.
- Manages medical records (pulls medical records for abnormal lab results and other clinical reasons, files laboratory and other results in medical records, files and purges medical records, and does end of session chart reviews).
- Pulls lab results from computer as needed for patient care.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant experience with a Surgical or Urology Practice.
- Chinese or Spanish speaking.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a State and/or Nationally accredited Medical Associate Program.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.